Yakushi Shears are sophisticated working tools which need to be maintained and cleaned continuously to preserve the high quality standard.
- Wipe the scissor blades with a clean soft cloth after every use and, if necessary, spread some oil on the blades.
- Clean the pivot continuously (preferably daily) and drizzle some oil on it to ensure smooth running.
- The scissor tension must be regularly checked and adjusted if necessary.
- To prevent any possible damage to the scissors, they should always be stored in a safe place, such as a scissor case.
- Regular re-sharpening of the blades expands the durability of the blades. The scissors should only be sharpened or re-conditioned by an authorized Yakushi Service.